Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Statement of Principles
darkhorse Offline
Administrator

Statement of Principles

We, the members of the WikiLeaks Supporters Group wish to state the following:-

We are committed to the support of WikiLeaks in its pursuit of the ideals of Government transparency, freedom of the press, a free internet and the protection of privacy for citizens.  In supporting WikiLeaks and the principles it represents, we wholeheartedly support its Editor-in-Chief, Julian Assange.

We intend to provide a forum for supporters, and other interested persons, to explore and discuss issues involving WikiLeaks and other international issues, in a supportive environment.

We support and encourage the principles of free speech but we are aware that there are those in the community who attempt to damage Julian Assange and WikiLeaks by using social media to manipulate and spread disinformation.  We will endeavour to provide an environment which is free from harassment from those who would dissemble, disrupt and abuse in an attempt to damage WikiLeaks and Julian Assange.

We are intelligent, thoughtful individuals and we are aware of the legal and moral issues in relation to Julian Assange’s current situation at the Ecuadorian Embassy in London, where he has been granted asylum.

We believe that he is the victim of political persecution, as a result of his having embarrassed the United States government, by exposing their criminal activities, including the murder of civilians, as depicted in the "€œCollateral Murder"€ Video€.  As such, we believe that any and all of the allegations currently being made against him, by the United States of America and Sweden, are as a direct result of his activities in relation to WikiLeaks.

We see him being continually faced with a barrage of unfair, unwarranted attacks and abuse from governments and the Main Stream Media, as a result of a perception that he threatens the military-industrial complex and other corporate vested interests.

We believe that WikiLeaks is the focal-point of an important international mass movement of persons who value the same principles as those WikiLeaks represents.

We, like Julian Assange, believe that freedom of the press, transparent government and a free internet is crucial for the development of a society that is healthy and free of tyranny.  We believe that an international discourse, encouraging these principles, will support these developments and we wish to be part of this discourse.
03-17-2013 09:29 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Jaraparilla Offline

Re: Statement of Principles
This is a brilliant effort and I thoroughly endorse it. Bravo to all involved.

I hope anyone who seriously supports Julian Assange and WikiLeaks will sign up for this forum and abandon the old forum which has lost all credibility.
03-20-2013 11:05 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Vince Offline

RE: Statement of Principles
I salute your endeavor at making the world a better place. Keep being firm in it.
03-21-2013 09:16 AM
Bibra Offline

Geez, I hope I have it right this time. Well done, and looking forward to some interesting enlightening discussions...Rolleyes
(This post was last modified: 03-21-2013 09:26 AM by Bibra.)
03-21-2013 09:24 AM
Greekemmy Offline

Many thanks to darkhorse for taking the initiative, all the very best of luck with this forum, one of many who will spring in support of WikiLeaks , its founder, staff and community of supporters. :-)
03-27-2013 02:14 AM
Canary Offline

DEATH TO THE 140 CHARACTER LIMIT
03-31-2013 09:31 AM
darkhorse Offline
Administrator

Feel free to join in and present whatever information you think the world should see. You can link news articles, videos and pictures if you want by posting a thread instead of a reply.

I agree that 140 characters really doesn't cut it, especially for those of us who enjoy a rant.

A tweet lasts a day but a forum post lasts forever (except at the NSA where a tweet also lasts forever) :^D
03-31-2013 02:24 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Shona Duncan Offline

(03-17-2013 09:29 PM)darkhorse Wrote:  
We, the members of the WikiLeaks Supporters Group wish to state the following:-

We are committed to the support of WikiLeaks in its pursuit of the ideals of Government transparency, freedom of the press, a free internet and the protection of privacy for citizens.  In supporting WikiLeaks and the principles it represents, we wholeheartedly support its Editor-in-Chief, Julian Assange.

We intend to provide a forum for supporters, and other interested persons, to explore and discuss issues involving WikiLeaks and other international issues, in a supportive environment.

We support and encourage the principles of free speech but we are aware that there are those in the community who attempt to damage Julian Assange and WikiLeaks by using social media to manipulate and spread disinformation.  We will endeavour to provide an environment which is free from harassment from those who would dissemble, disrupt and abuse in an attempt to damage WikiLeaks and Julian Assange.

We are intelligent, thoughtful individuals and we are aware of the legal and moral issues in relation to Julian Assange’s current situation at the Ecuadorian Embassy in London, where he has been granted asylum.

We believe that he is the victim of political persecution, as a result of his having embarrassed the United States government, by exposing their criminal activities, including the murder of civilians, as depicted in the "€œCollateral Murder"€ Video€.  As such, we believe that any and all of the allegations currently being made against him, by the United States of America and Sweden, are as a direct result of his activities in relation to WikiLeaks.

We see him being continually faced with a barrage of unfair, unwarranted attacks and abuse from governments and the Main Stream Media, as a result of a perception that he threatens the military-industrial complex and other corporate vested interests.

We believe that WikiLeaks is the focal-point of an important international mass movement of persons who value the same principles as those WikiLeaks represents.

We, like Julian Assange, believe that freedom of the press, transparent government and a free internet is crucial for the development of a society that is healthy and free of tyranny.  We believe that an international discourse, encouraging these principles, will support these developments and we wish to be part of this discourse.

I agree with the principles of the group. It will be a privilege to help in a meaningful and positive way.
04-13-2013 05:02 PM
Thor I Am Offline

Put me in with the we
I'm gonna miss the chatbox
04-30-2013 12:16 AM
jhoniland Offline

Hi your post is very interesting please share a more post i like it
08-13-2013 02:46 AM